Marietta Street Artery Association
Meeting Minutes 20Feb2001
· A presentation was given by Director of Piedmont Park Conservancy, Debbie McCown, and planner Tom Walsh, for the Lake Clara Meer restoration – members voted to approve the plan as submitted.
· VP of Winter Properties, Grant Grimes, presented a revised parking plan for the 550 Mean Street project. The new plan requires additional parking spaces to be added along the south border of proposed park in order to comply with the previously approved parking issue. The revised plan was approved by majority vote as specified on the submitted drawing.
· Captain Tim James of Atlanta Ambassador Force, distributed info and spoke about the Force’s expanded boundaries & their various roles in improving downtown life.
· Alan Schulman offered to investigate Ambassador Force’s expanded district along Marietta Street.
· Bill Gould announced MSAA’s recent inclusion to the NPU-E Board and by law standards to allow for elections and the Artery’s boundaries.
· Frances Hamilton was recognized for her work on the www.artery.org website.
· All neighbors were encouraged to completed updated information sheets and dues contribution to maintain site.
· Rhodes Perdue called for nominations for the new executive board. Bill Gould, Rhodes Perdue, Frances Hamilton, Grover Sterling and Max White were nominated for various positions. A call for volunteers was made to fill NPU posts and various committee positions.
· Other topics of discussion included: Central Metals recycling plant closing.
· Grover Sterling announced the 2nd annual Artery clean up day. Date to be announced. Shirley Hall, property manager at Hastings Seed Lofts, offered to provide use of dumpster.
· Frank Woodcock announced opening of “The Library Grill & Bar” next weekend.
· The meeting schedule for the remainder of the year was announced: May 16th, Aug 15th & Nov 14th. The Library Grill & Bar at 800 South Street offered to host the next meeting.
· Thanks were given to Chuck Sekula, Pat Cunningham & The Engineer’s Bookstore for providing refreshments & meeting space for the meeting.